Hospital Visit/Tests may include: blood tests, urine test, electrocardiogram (ECG), chest x-ray, cardiac stress test, CT scan(s) of spine
- Meeting with the Anesthesiologist – This is the doctor who puts you to sleep during surgery. If you have any questions regarding the medicines involved in this process, be sure to ask this physician.
- The Anesthesiologist will let you know which of your routine medications you are able to take the morning of surgery.
- This visit may last from 1-3 hours in length depending on the tests ordered.
- A physical will be done by a Doctor (not the Spine Surgeon) before surgery to ensure that your body can tolerate surgery.
- Some Doctors may want to do the blood tests, etc. in their office. If these are completed in the doctor’s office, you will still visit the hospital to meet with the Anesthesiologist and get instructions for surgery.