At Nebraska Spine Hospital, specialists use a variety of spinal injections in their diagnoses – pinpointing the source of the problem. Just as there are many conditions that can cause pain in the back, neck, legs and arms, there are a variety of injection procedures designed to diagnose and treat them.
In many cases, injection therapy also offers the most effective means of treatment and can also provide relief from pain and limited mobility. This is especially important in cases where surgery is not an option.
Some of the injections offered at the Nebraska Spine Hospital include:
- Epidural Steroid Injections – are often used to inject anesthetic and anti-inflammatory medication to reduce nerve inflammation and the resulting pain
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks – helps to determine the specific spinal nerve root that is the source of pain and to inject medicine that reduces inflammation to relieve the pain
- Trigger Point Injections – deliver pain relief and anti-inflammation medicine to relax back and neck muscles that cause pain
- Facet Joint injections/Nerve Blocks – allow physicians to diagnose and treat neck, middle back, low back pain and associated radiating pain.
- Sacroiliac Joint injections – is used for both the diagnosis and treatment of pain caused by the sacroiliac or SI joint.
- Radiofrequency Ablation (Rhizotomy) – uses radio frequency waves to generate heat around a nerve to relieve pain in the lumbar.
- Provocation Discography – used for the diagnosis of pain