Your Responsibilities as a Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC Patient:
- To treat your doctors and care team with dignity and respect.
- To treat other patients and visitors with dignity and respect.
- To respect the rights of other patients and their caregivers.
- To follow Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC rules and guidelines while in our care.
- To give correct and complete information about yourself and your current and past health.
- To be involved in setting goals for your care and making decisions about your treatment.
- To ask questions when you do not understand any information about your medical care.
- To work with your healthcare team to meet your goals and carry out your decisions.
- To report changes in your condition to your healthcare team.
- To take responsibility for the outcomes of refusing treatment or not following the instructions of your healthcare team.
- To provide Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC with a copy of your current Advance Directives forms.
- To bring your current insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid information, or identification card to your visits.
- To check with your insurance plan ahead of time and complete any precertification needs.
- To take care of financial obligations for your care as soon as possible. You can ask your healthcare team about Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC Financial Counselors and the Financial Assistance Program if you would like help.
- To tell us about any concerns you have about your safety and comfort.
- To tell us if you are not satisfied with your care.
Resources Available to Voice Your Concern
Our physicians, care providers, staff, and volunteers are committed to providing an excellent care experience to everyone we serve. We welcome your comments and want to be sure we are meeting your needs and expectations.
We do understand, however, that there may be times when you feel your visit did not meet your needs or expectations. When this happens, we recognize your right to express or voice your concerns about your care. We invite you to first voice any concerns with us at the phone numbers provided below. You can be sure that your care will not be affected in a negative way.
Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC Resources
To express or voice your concerns with Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC, you may contact the Chief Executive Officer or Chief Nursing Executive at (402) 572-3000.
If you have concerns about your privacy rights, you may contact:
Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC
6901 North 72nd Street, Suite 20300
Omaha, NE 68122
While we hope you are satisfied with our response to your concern, you may have concerns that you would like to voice to someone outside of Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC. If so, you may contact the following without fear of reprisal from Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC:
For unresolved concerns about general care, safety, and quality:
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Facilities Investigations
PO Box 94986
Lincoln, NE 68509
Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals Health Facilities Division/Complaint Unit
Lucas State Office Building
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines, IA 50319-0083
For Nebraska Spine Hospital LLC accredited by The Joint Commission unresolved concerns about safety or quality may be reported to:
The Joint Commission
Office of Quality Monitoring
(800) 994-6610 (toll-free)
For unresolved concerns about your privacy:
Office for Civil Rights US Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
(800) 368-1019 (toll-free)
For Medicare concerns: Medicare hotline at (800) 633-4227 and/or
Medicare beneficiaries: *(Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman) at
*The role of the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman is to ensure that Medicare beneficiaries receive the information and help they need to understand their Medicare options and to apply their Medicare rights and protections.